Delta-8 and HHC are two popular cannabinoids that have emerged in the market. Delta-8 has been around for a few years now, while HHC is still relatively low profile within the market. Each of these cannabinoids have numerous potential health benefits, and their popularity has been on the rise in recent years. However, many people are still confused about the differences and similarities between these two cannabinoids.
The confusion primarily lies in people tying up the traditional cannabis identifiers of Indica or Sativa with the varying effects of hemp-derived cannabinoids. This article will explore the key differences and similarities between Delta-8 and HHC.
What is Delta 8 and its properties?
Delta 8 is a psychoactive cannabinoid in cannabis plants; in our case here at Hempire Innovations, all of our Delta 8 is legally derived from hemp. Delta 8 is very similar to Delta 9 THC, which is the primary psychoactive component of cannabis that is federally illegal. Naturally, Delta-8 occurs when Delta-9 THC is oxidized. Chemically, the only difference between the two is the double carbon bond happening on the 8th or 9th carbon atom. Delta 8 is a less potent form of THC than Delta 9, producing a milder high. Some consumers misconceive Delta 8 as inferior to Delta 9 because of the lighter potency. That’s ironic since the mildness is why Delta 8 has gained popularity.
Studies show cannabinoids' neuroprotective properties can help prevent and manage neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Delta-8 can elicit numerous health benefits, reducing anxiety and pain, improving sleep, and stimulating appetite. The most significant advantage of Delta 8 over Delta 9 THC is that it’s legal in many more states. The advantage is due to the federal farm bill and because legal Delta 8 contains less than 0.3% Delta-9 THC. Delta 8 is not considered a controlled substance under federal law. However, it is essential to note that the legality of Delta 8 varies depending on the location.
Effects of Delta 8: Relaxation, Comfort, Calmness, Sedentary, Appetite Stimulation
What is Hexahydrocannabinol (HHC)?
Hexahydrocannabinol (HHC) is a newer cannabinoid recently emerging in the market. It is similar to Delta 8 because it is a less potent form of THC than Delta 9. However, HHC’s chemical makeup differs from Delta-8 and produces a different euphoric experience. Converting Delta-9 THC into HHC is a chemical process; it’s not found naturally in cannabis plants. Processors synthesize HHC in a laboratory. HHC has many of the same health benefits as Delta-8 and Delta-9 THC, including its ability to reduce pain, anxiety, and nausea. Studies show it has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. It’s important to note that the legality of HHC is still unclear, dependent on the location and future legislation.
Effects of HHC: Relaxation, Comfort, Calmness, Appetite & Bodily Stimulation, Balance
Differences between Delta 8 and HHC
- Chemical structure: The compounds have vastly different structures. Delta 8 is very close to Delta 9 THC, while HHC is a hydrogenated derivative of Delta 9. HHC and Delta 8 have different molecular structures, producing unique effects in the body.
- Legal status: Delta 8 is legal in many states, while the legality of HHC is still unclear. HHC is a relatively new cannabinoid; its legality may change after more research unveils.
- Availability: Delta 8 is more popular than HHC. HHC is becoming more mainstream, although it’s not as well known. Delta 8 was the first euphoric derivative from the hemp industry; you can buy it anywhere in the USA.
- Effects: Delta 8 and HHC produce different effects on the body due to their different chemical structures. Delta 8 has a mild and relaxing euphoria, with less intense psychoactive effects than Delta 9 THC. HHC, on the other hand, is believed to produce a more neutrally-energetic, euphoric, and balanced high. Consumers have reported feeling more creative and productive after consuming HHC.
Similarities between Delta 8 and HHC
- Health benefits: Delta 8 and HHC have many of the same potential health benefits as Delta 9 THC, including pain relief, anxiety relief, and appetite stimulation. They may also have anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and neuroprotective properties.
- Less potent than Delta 9 THC: Delta 8 and HHC are less powerful than Delta 9 THC, producing a milder euphoria with less intense psychoactive effects.
- Psychoactive: Delta 8 and HHC are psychoactive cannabinoids; they can alter mood, behavior, and perception.
- Still being studied: Delta 8 and HHC are still under study to determine their effects. There’s limited research on these cannabinoids; to fully understand their full potential, only time will tell.
In conclusion, Delta 8 and HHC are two prevalent cannabinoids that have emerged in the recreational drug market. While they share some similarities with their acclaimed health benefits and milder psychoactive effects compared to Delta 9 THC, there are differences in their chemical structure and regional legal status. Delta 8 is more widely available and permitted within the USA, while HHC is smaller yet viable within the hemp market. Delta 8 and HHC have many therapeutic benefits. At the same time, research is constantly uncovering the whole reality of consuming these cannabinoids. Here at Hempire Innovations, we like what we’ve experienced from these cannabinoids and have many happy patrons to attest to them as well.